"Physical Education, healthy lifestyles, sport and the emotional wellbeing of our children is a priority for us and our partner schools".
This year Techne Global Sports has put forwards its support for the PE Pledge for Sheffield Primary Schools. Many parents will not know about the PE pledge taking place in the city, so we have put together some information to help parents better understand what we are working towards achieving with our many partner schools in the city of Sheffield.
The Pledge we are working towards:
• Our partner schools provide 2 hours of Physical Education per pupil per week within the curriculum and promotes outdoor learning
• At least one hour of Physical Education within the curriculum is led by a qualified teacher
• Our partner schools are committed to working with partners to ensure all children learn to swim at least 25m before they leave primary school
"All children in our partner schools have the opportunity to participate in intra/inter school competition"
• Our partner schools engage with the national School Games programme of competition
• Our partner schools use PE and Sport Premium funding to develop teacher confidence and competence by working with external partners such as Techne Global Sports and the Youth Sport Trust
• PE is led by a subject coordinator who is supported to engage with external partners such as Techne Global Sports to develop high quality PE and school sport provision
• Our children receive PE lessons which are monitored in line with other curriculum areas
How can we help your child and your school?
As a commitment to the pledge, we are offering all Sheffield Schools free taster sessions in health lifestyles, physical education, nutrition and wellbeing throughout 2016/17.
To take full advantage of this offer all you have to do is complete the tab below and inform us of the type of session that you would be interested in so that we can make sure your school and its children are getting the best possible experience with us.
You can also contact us directly via email:firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text our direct line on: 07851635213 where we may be able to discuss a tailored term time programme with your school.